Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Debbie Gill found this very informative link 10 Steps to Follow Before You Start a Crafts Business By Maire Loughran, About.com Guide and posted it to our Yahoo Group. 

Well worth the read even if you are currently running a craft business.  Below is just a taste :

Being self-employed is the dream of many people running that daily 9-to-5 treadmill. If you’ve been mulling over the possibility of starting a crafts business, check out my ten recommended steps to follow before starting your business.



1. Think About Why You Want to Start a Crafts Business


Maybe you want to turn a hobby into a moneymaking business. Perhaps you’re just fed up with your day job and want to make the transition from working for someone else to working for yourself. Are you spending too much time at the office and feel a home-based craft business will give you more time with your family? Whatever the reason, and you might have more than one, sit down and give this question some serious thought.


Till tomorrow...keep creating !
Tina aka Daily Muse

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina I thought this was really a very comprehensive article! Since I've been this route before in an extremely satuated market, I was impressed the article got very specific in very simple terms as to "what it takes". It's hard to be a crafter out there...I find joy in it as a supplemental income when in better economic times it carried my family and me...kudos and thanks for sharing. It's good to know what we are doing right, where we need to steer our sights...and of course, to know we are not alone!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have read something like this 10 years ago ! Thanks for the input Amy !

Post a Comment