Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jim Jenkins designs and creates individual, one of a kind, handmade, wooden jewelry boxes that have been called "Functional Sclupture".

John Marshall, Handmade Wooden Jewelry Box


Artist Etsy Bio :
Hi, and welcome to my site. My name is Jim Jenkins, and I live here in Cumberland, VA with my wife Robin, and the seven children Maddie, DeeDee, Mona and Cleo (the dogs), and Stranger, Miss Kitty, and Annie (the cats). When I'm not tripping over the critters, I can usually be found working out in my shop, usually staring at a piece of wood, wondering what it wants to become.

Clovis, Handmade Wooden Jewelry Box


I spent 25 years working in the entertainment business, working as a Designer and Technical Director for various theatres around the country. Now I am enjoying creating pieces that don't have a "closing night", and that aren't constrained by another artist's (ie, the playwright or director) vision. AND, the only Diva that I have to put up with is myself! But my wife will quickly put me in my proper place when the Diva side of me comes out!

Jesse, Handmade Wooden Jewelry Box


You can find more of his work at http://www.etsy.com/shop/jimjenkins510

Till tomorrow ... keep creating !
Tina aka Daily Muse

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow beautiful work! Who wouldn't want a jewelry box like that? Or, triple them up and we would all use them for tiny "findings", what person in our business doesn't have a million little things to store? Thanks for the lovely post.

Unknown said...

Oh my...another reason to keep on buying jewelry! Need to fill up these beautiful pieces and keep buying more! What LOVELY work...he makes the wood seem like liquid. Beautiful finishing, handles...absolutely stunning! Thanks Muse!

Anonymous said...

I am very honored and humbled that you selected me out of the hundreds of thousands of artistians out there to feature today. I never imagined that the "little experiment" in creating my first jewelry box that I tried, as a diversion from sanding a table, would evolve into a time consuming labor of love. I'm still scratching my head, perplexed over the fact that people really like these creations! While my shop inventory is a little light right now due to the past holidays, you can see some of my past pieces on my flickr page. It's under www.flickr.com/photos/jimjenkinsdesigns/. Thank you again, Tina.

Anonymous said...

Jim, i am please that you are pleased ! I will never be able to settle for mass produced jewelry boxes now !

Amy & Jackie thank you for your wonderful feedback !

EyeDesire said...

Wow, beautiful wood work! Those jewelry boxes look very unique and awesome!

Post a Comment