Thursday, February 18, 2010

Artist Bio:
As a jewelry artist, my passion is to create wearable works of art to adorn women. My creations are inspired by my desire to make women feel beautiful. I love clean shapes, whimsical yet elegant designs, as well as, combining materials and colors.


When I was in college, I worked backstage as a make-up artist at all of the theatrical productions held at the Hartt School of Music in Connecticut. One summer I had the opportunity to work as the make-up artist for opera productions of La Boheme and Ariadne right outside of Dartmouth's Campus at the Opera North in Lebanon, New Hampshire. I marveled at transforming women and men alike. At the time, working at a production of Cirque du Soleil would have been my dream.


Since Connecticut is not the capitol of the entertainment industry and I wasn’t in a position to move to a major city, I followed my other passion, which was the law and became a paralegal.

While I was enjoying my career as a Paralegal, I was in desperate need of a creative outlet. My first attempt was to try and assist with productions at the Hartt School of Music during the evening; however, once I was informed of the schedule there was no way that I could work as a make-up artist backstage due to my priorities at work. One of my co-workers suggested that I try my hand at jewelry making and since I love jewelry, I took my first beading class at a local bead shop. Within months I pursued classes in metalsmithing, wire wrapping, creating dichroic glass and finally metal clay design classes.


While I no longer had my make up brushes, I found a torch, a kiln, and a myriad of other ways to experiment with color and transform. I finally found my creative outlet one that I loved and Destiny’s Creations was born.

I don’t subscribe to the school of thought that you should focus on just one aspect of jewelry design. The possibilities in designing jewelry are endless and I thoroughly am enjoying the journey, whether I am working with metal clay, wire wrapping or creating dichroic glass.


I work with Art Clay Silver, fine silver, sterling silver, gold-filled wire, artisan glass lampwork beads, swarovski crystals, and unique precious and semi precious gemstones, to create limited edition or one of a kind jewelry pieces.


The lampwork beads that are a part of many of my jewelry pieces are purchased from artisans around the world, each unique in their style. Many are one of a kind and can't be duplicated.


I now have my Art Clay Silver Certification. Art Clay Silver is an eco-friendly metal clay, which is comprised of 100% recycled fine silver particles, organic binders and water. Once the clay is fired, the organic binders burn away and what is left is 99.9% pure fine silver.


Working with Art Clay Silver is a wonderful, creative outlet for me as it has challenged me and allowed me to experiment and execute my ideas in new ways. I love that I am able to do things with metal clay that I might not be able to do with traditional metalsmithing techniques.


Working with you to design an original piece of jewelry that fits your unique personal style is what I love most.  I have also been known to take a vintage piece, reconstruct it and modernize it.  All of my work is made by hand in my private studio in Windsor, CT.


You can find more on this artist work at http://www.etsy.com/shop/DestinysCreations

Till tomorrow ... keep creating !
Tina aka Daily Muse

2 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Unique, beautiful, different, charming.....

razajewelry.com said...

Definitely have your own style. Beautiful photographs.

Post a Comment