Monday, April 12, 2010

I have been wanting to get back into wire wrapping and admit, I still search the web for wonderful artist like Elitsa that have a way with wire !  Let's get started on her interview ........

DM: What is your artistic medium?
KS: It has been a few years now that I use mostly wire to create my jewelry. I like it because it gives me the opportunity to create jewelry of different type.


DM: Where can your art be seen?
KS: I can be found on ETSY and my Behance website.


DM: When and how did you first become interested in your medium?
KS: I can not say when exactly, it’s always a process of trying different things and using the medium that mostly suits you at a certain moment. I like creating jewelry because it gives me the opportunity to create pieces of art which are at the same time part of the everyday life.


DM: Once you decided to pursue your art, how did you start off, trial and error, books, classes, videos, formal schooling?
KS: I have a degree in Fine Art and Photography but as a jewelry designer I am basically self-taught.
When I have an idea about a new piece I start looking for a way to create it – there are times when I come close to the idea I started from and others when a different piece is being created in the process. And of course also times when I realize that the thing I’ve dreamt of or the “great” idea that I just got, wasn’t that great at the end.


DM: Out of what you tried, was there any particular thing that you would recommend to someone just starting out?
KS: I cannot think of any particular thing. Maybe the most important is to look for your own voice and to have faith in what you are doing.


DM: What do you enjoy most about working with your medium?
KS: The wide variety of choices.


DM: What do you find the most frustrating?
KS: Promoting my work – I really prefer creating to spending time on my web page and trying to figure it out what SEO and other similar things mean.

DM: Where do you find your inspirations for what you create?
KS: Everywhere - in everyday life, nature, dreams.


DM: Tell us a little about one of your favorite creations:
KS: I remember I was quite happy when I created my Silver Landscape Earrings – the idea just appeared when I was randomly thinking about the change of the seasons and how everything is so different in the Fall. Then I thought it would be nice to create earrings with an autumn landscapes and at the end I came up with these two delicate trees, which are loosing their leaves. Something about them just makes me feel good there are my work!

DM: Have you ever experienced artist block and how did you overcome it.
KS: I don’t know if it’s an artist block, there are just times when I don’t feel like working. It could be laziness! :) But I know the importance of the time off and I’m trying to give it to myself. When I don’t feel inspired I just take a day off, try doing things that I enjoy, go for a long walk, start reading a new book, see a beautiful movie and be patient with myself.


DM: What is the biggest mistake you have ever made as an artist? What did you learn from it?
KS: The biggest mistake… Maybe leaving my jewelry on a consignment contract with people who put their interest above all. What I’ve learned was to trust my work and to ask for more when I deserve it.


DM: Would you please tell about your studio set-up?
KS: I don’t have a studio. Since I like traveling and living in different places and I am never long enough at the same spot, I can not settle. I work where I live, always trying to create a space which is comfortable and where I feel good.


DM: When is your favorite time to create?
KS: I am a day-person, so I’ve always prefer to work in the mornings. Of course when I have a lot to do I work during the nights too.


DM: Are there any artist that inspire you or that you admire?
KS: There are many artist that I admire, I really like Japanese graphic art and also Art Nouveau works. And certainly I adore Rene Lalique.


DM: Anything else you wish to share?
KS: Thanks for including me in your blog, I really appreciate it!

Take care and keep creating !
Tina aka Daily Muse

0 comments:

Post a Comment