Who out there is lucky enough to have an Ikea close by ? If you are then you know what I mean by the DY'selfer's dream place...so many plain bland items begging to be brought to life with a little touch of art !
If you are not one of the lucky ones, we feel for you ! I found this fun tutorial that can be done on any mirror and again the only thing stopping us is our imagination ! Enjoy !
Everyone saw miniature copies of houses, ships or trains in the bottles. But it turns out that this is not the most complex miniature art. Artist Szymon Klimek from Poland creates quite working miniature versions of retro mechanisms in wineglass that are working on solar panels. He’s working with brass and tin sheets to create various old mechanisms, such as steam engine, sailing ship, bicycle or retro automobile. An amazing combination of advanced technical capabilities and unusual hobby.
Marie opened her Etsy store in 10/12/09, she has taken the artistic jump into custom wedding top designs … this is a new type of interview for me so lets get started and learn more about Marie and her art !
DM: Tell us a little bit about yourself.
MY: For my full-time job, I am part of an amazing creative marketing team at Penn State that encourages adults to finish their college degrees. At work, I am surrounded by BLUE & WHITE. So when I get home, I like to use some other colors. I started Young Creative as a way to express myself outside of the restrictions of my day job.
First I wanted to say sorry for the missing days posted, I had family in town and am now back to work full time so my days got a little mixed up ... working on getting YDMN up and running so I can get more and more readers ! Please if you like or dislike a post, let me know, it is nice to see your comments -- lets me know everyone is still enjoying my blog !
Now back to your Sunday business tip :
Driving traffic to your online business directory is essential to building a thriving directory. No one will post if they do not know that your directories exist. There are a number of easy ways to increase traffic to your online business directory.
Below are a number proven methods to help you bring traffic to your business directory.
1. Search Engine Indexing of Your Directory: It is essential that you submit your online directories to all of the search engines to be indexed, even the lesser known search engines. As well, have your directories validated so that the major search engines will better index you URL.
2. Create a Favicon: A Favicon is a small icon displayed in your browser next to the URL in the address bar and also on bookmarks. It will distinguish your directory from competitors on the bookmarks' list. You can download an existing Favicon or create your own.
3. Write Business Promotion Articles: Write articles about business and online business directories and submit them to article directories. Make sure that you include your directory URL. The articles should relate to online business marketing.
4. Create a Unique Directory: A unique directory will make your directories stand out from the competitors. General business directories will receive less business listings than if you created specific directories that focused on a particular niche. Do not create category dumps or search engines will categorize your online business directory as duplicated content.
5. Spread the Word: There are many options available to spread the word online about your online business directory. Develop a relationship with other directory owners so you can exchange promotional ideas and strategies. Exchange links with relevant directories, not your competitors. As well, post comments of business blogs and discussion boards. Make sure you use a forum signature that includes your directory URL on forums and blogs where you participate. Answer questions and post questions on sites such as yahoo answers.
6. Create Your Own Blog: If you have your own Blog, you can post relevant comments related to your online directories. As well, you place your directory URL and directory description on your Blog. Promote different categories and subcategories of your online business directory.
7. Social Book Marking: You can increase site traffic to your online directories by making use of social book marking websites. A small widget of the site can also be placed on your site so that visitors can share your content with others. As well, become a social networker. Use your Twitter, Linked In, MySpace, Facebook, MySpace, and Friendster to promote your directories. The more friends and followers you have, the more likely you are to get people to post on your business directories.
8. Make News: Use RSS (Rich Site Summary) technology. Offer RSS subscription to your directory's visitors. Provide newsletters to those who subscribe to your news feed. Regularly provide new content about your directory using this feed.
The key to increasing traffic to your online business directories is implementing strategies that will make your directory appealing as well as getting your name out in the online business community.
Source : Ezinearticles.com
Take care, Tina aka Daily Muse
Labels: business tips
When I came across this tutorial, I thought more about a way to show off jewelry at a show verses for personal use, I am always looking for new ways to jazz up my show booth designs !
I adore shadowboxes, my favorite thing is to buy old ones from markets or garage sales and turn them into something totally new.
This appetite set of chocolates was created in 3ds Max and Vray by designer from Australia Rachael Dunk. Each chocolate represents a different event that took place around Sydney for October 2009. For now it’s just a concept but I doubt that I’ll be able to eat such piece of art. And you?
Today we want to show you collection of unusual handmade rings created by Sofia from Japan. This collection was inspired by delicious dishes, sweet desserts and various drinks. Very creative, not expensive and with Japanese aura they will make your day brighter. Each of them is existed in single exemplar and can be bought here.
I came across Dianne's work when I was looking for a tutorial on wire-wrapping, I loved reading her replies, it has been a while since I picked up my wire-wrapping and needed a swift kick, her interview brought the passion back to me and I hope you will enjoy as much as I did ! Lets get started !
DM :What is your artistic medium?
DKB: I work in wire, primarily precious metal, but also in base metals, like copper.