Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How many of you keep a book or a files on your computer of other people's work that inspire you ?

Mine is broke down into many different folders on my computer devoted to the different types of art that I enjoy doing : metal (hot and cold work), glass, polymer clay, wire wrapping, beading, metal clay even clothing and paintings.


When my muse is being elusive and needs a swift kick, I often go over to this file and click on slide show and let the wonderful images flow by. I normally will have my trusty pad of paper and crayons, yup I can not draw to save my life so I use crayons...you think that is funny, you should see me showing a client what the design will end up once I am done and yes it is in CRAYONS. but I digress. Once all these beautiful pieces of art / jewelry start flowing my muse kicks in and it is always interesting to see what I end up with, sometimes I find myself taking a little bit of something from several different artist's works.

Today I am going to share some of my favorites, I wish I could credit the artist but I wasn't thinking that far in advance when I make copies of the pictures, these have always been strictly to jump start my muse. If you happen to see something you recognize and know the artist, please email me and I will gladly give credit !

Recently I have found the joys of polymer clay, my husband bought me some metal clay one Christmas and I was a timid to just jump in so tried several bars of clay, I was HOOKED, this is one of the funnest (gee is that a real word?) mediums to work with, you can start something and if you do not like just squish it up and start all over, I also love that I can start a project and if I get sidetracked I can just wrap it up and come back to it at a later date.

You can click on any of these images to see them in a bigger format (pssssss they really are worth looking at in larger than life views) ................




Another of my passions is wire wrapping, I go more for the unconventional wrap, I do not plan when I work with wire, sometimes that works for me, others I just walk away frustrated but I find I really like it when the finished item is something like these below .....




Metal / Silver - smithing is one of the first art forms I started with, we love to do everything from small jewelry to larger yard art. I must confess, I REALLY enjoy playing with the fire, I love the way you take a piece of metal and can change the structure with the use of flame, hammer or rolling mill !



Beading comes easier for my husband than it does for me, he can sit down during a movie and put together 2 or 3 necklaces, we have an agreement, he lines them up and I put the final touch, the clasp or end wires. Almost all of our jewelry is now made with magnetic ends, I just love them cause they stay in place and easy to put on, there will still be the occasional necklace that demands a custom build clasp. I personally love to bead with semi-precious gemstones, the smaller the better sometime it seems !



 
I also enjoy working with metal clay, they now have bronze and copper clay on the market , I have not tried these yet but from what I see from other artist, it seems to be very cool to work with !



And the Muse would be so offended if I did not add Mixed Media to share... we love mixing and matching and seeing what we come up with !





Hope you have enjoyed seeing what makes Tina's Muse happy !  Till tomorrow ... keep creating !
Tina aka Daily Muse

3 comments:

Richard Orona said...

Hello Daily Muse,
Writing to say thank you so much for the great compliment on my bracelet. I too really like working with that stone (Mookaite). I found your blog very enjoyable and I signed up for the feed into IGoogle.

Thanks again,
Red Mountain Jewelry
Richard Orona

Unknown said...

Fantastic! You sketch with crayons?! Muse, I love the fact you let your heart fly with your inspirations, your conceptions and your execution. Now THAT is inspiring! Thanks Tina, aka Muse!

Anonymous said...

Yup crayons, loved em as a kid and just can not seem to get away from them and you know I have bought "drawing for dummies" just need to find the time to sit down and try to learn, but for now my trusted crayons get the job done ! Thanks again Amy for your review, always look forward to your input !

Post a Comment